Login to access subscriber-only resources.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Please DO NOT submit via the online system. Instead please send an email message to all co-editors, along with an attachment containing the manuscript (fully formatted to JMA style).
The editors' email addresses are:
A. Bernard Knapp [email protected]
John F. Cherry [email protected]
Peter van Dommelen [email protected]
Catherine Kearns [email protected]
Sarah Murray [email protected]
- Where available, URLs and DOIs for the references have been provided.
- The submission has not been previously published and does not contain copyrighted material, It is not before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The submission conforms to our statement of ethics concerning archaeological excavations in areas of conflict.
- Manuscripts should be in grammatical, idiomatic English, formatted according to the JMA Guidelines (downloadable from this page). Consult the latest edition of The Chicago Manual of Style for any conventions not specifically covered in these Guidelines.
- The text uses 1.5 spacing throughout and a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
Manuscripts should normally include the following elements in this order:
• Title, Name and Affiliation: Full title of the article, your name(s), your full academic address and your e-mail address, as follows:
Full title of the article (boldface)
A. Bernard Knapp, Cyprus American Archaeological Research Institute, 11 Andreas Dhimitriou, 1066 Nicosia, Cyprus
E-mail: [email protected]
- JMA does not publish book reviews, short notes, or purely descriptive excavation reports, survey results or artefact studies.
- Tables: Use sparingly. When designing tables, bear in mind their size relative to the dimensions of JMA’s standard page size (149 x 204 mm). Complex or lengthy tables are best submitted as camera- ready copy; otherwise, present all tables in 1.5-spaced type, together with a complete, separate list of table captions. Exceptionally long tables of data accompanying an article may be published as on-line supporting materials on a website hosted by Equinox.
Digital illustrations: These may be grey scale, black and white, or full colour; authors are encouraged to use colour wherever appropriate. Illustrations should initially be submitted as a single low-resolution .pdf file. For eventual publication, they must be high-resolution (i.e. 300 dpi for photos and 600 dpi for line-drawings at a maximum width of 149mm) and submitted in .tif or .eps format. Please note that all artwork must be submitted in digital format; any author experiencing difficulties in submitting digital artwork should contact the editors.
© Equinox Publishing Ltd.
For information regarding our Open Access policy, click here.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.