Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission does not contain copyrighted material. It has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs and DOIs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The paper conforms to our statement of ethics regarding archaeological excavations conducted in areas of conflict.
- The submission should be under 20 MB. If not, the paper will be returned to the author for changes. Usually, the trouble is in the figure files. It's important that both reviewers and editors can easily download the submission without clogging up their bandwidth.
Research articles are normally around 8,000 words in length, and contain empirical data, or are case-study driven, or contain discussion of focussed theoretical or methodological issues.
Forums are composed of a series of short 2000-3000 word responses to a previously circulated question or issue of contemporary interest.
© Equinox Publishing Ltd.
For information regarding our Open Access policy, click here.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.