Login to access subscriber-only resources.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs and DOIs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The paper conforms to our statement of ethics regarding archaeological excavations conducted in areas of conflict.
- The submission should be under 20 MB. If not, the paper will be returned to the author for changes. Often, the trouble is in the figure files. It's important that both reviewers and editors can easily download the submission without clogging up their bandwidth.
- The instructions in 'Ensuring a Blind Review' have been followed.
Research Articles submissions may include up to 8 images and should include 6,000-12,000 words of text, excluding bibliography, abstracts, and photo captions.
Applied Archaeological Findings
Applied Articles We also encourage the submission of work by scholars and other specialists who have applied archaeological findings to such domains as public policy, culinary arts, tourism industries, food revitalization projects, religious practice, and dietary regimes. Applied Articles may include up to 8 images and should include 4,000-10,000 words of text, excluding bibliography, abstracts, and photo captions.
Photo Essays We publish photo essays that document experimental archaeology, ethnoarchaeology, and applied ethnography to enhance understandings of foodways in the past or demonstrate applied techniques formulated through archaeological research. Photo Essay submissions may include up to 20 color or black and white images, and should include 2,000-3,000 words of text, excluding bibliography, abstracts, and photo captions.
© Equinox Publishing Ltd.
For information regarding our Open Access policy, click here.
We abide by the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (May 2018) and the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and for the purposes of that act, the data controller is Janet Joyce, email@example.com of Equinox Publishing Ltd of 415 The Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2BX, United Kingdom (registered in England & Wales under Company number 04721694). For full details of privacy statement of how we use your data visit https://www.equinoxpub.com/home/privacy/
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. Emails (and affiliations) are required and will be made public through this site. As part of the submission process, you are required to enter your email address and this email address will be made public on the site. Our system requires this and providing contact details for authors of published articles is considered best practice to enable scholarly communication. Your physical mailing addresses will only be used to supply a physical copy of the journal if that is part of a subscription or free copy. We share mailing addresses only with third parties who handle the distribution of print copies -- our printers. We have confirmation from these suppliers that they operate in conformance with GDPR requirements.