Katherine C. Zubko (Ph.D. Emory University) is Professor of Religious Studies and NEH Distinguished Professor of the Humanities (2018-22) at University of North Carolina Asheville. Her areas of expertise include aesthetics, ritual, performance and embodied religion in South Asia. Zubko is the author of Dancing Bodies of Devotion: Fluid Gestures in Bharata Natyam (Lexington Books, 2014). Current research interests include exploring the bodied aspects of conflict transformation, in particular the role of gestures of compassion and hospitality. Zubko currently co-chairs the Body and Religion group and serves on the Teaching Religion unit at the American Academy of Religion.
Book Reviews Editor
Rebecca Stephens Falcasantos (PhD, Brown University, 2015) is Assistant Professor of Religion at Amherst College, where she teaches courses in early and late antique Christianity. Her research focuses on the intersection of religious practice, the formation of ritualized bodies, and contestations over cultural dominance in the late Roman east. Her publications include Constantinople: Ritual, Violence, and Memory in the Making of a Christian Imperial Capital (University of California Press, 2020), as well as articles on late antique pilgrimage, intra-Christian violence, and ritual habits.
(Founding Editor Emeritus 2016-2018)
Graham Harvey is Professor of Religious Studies at the Open University, UK. His research is concerned with the performance and rhetoric of identities among Jews, Pagans and indigenous peoples. He is particularly interested in the ³new animism², embracing relational and material approaches to interactions between humans and the larger than human world. His recent publications include The Handbook of Contemporary Animism (2013) and Food, Sex and Strangers: Understanding Religion as Everyday Life (2013).
Digital Media Content Manager
- Eric James Waite, University College Cork, Ireland
- Richard Carp, United States
- Thomas Csordas, University of California, San Diego, United States
- Sam Gill, University of Colorado, United States
- Thomas P. Kasulis, The Ohio State University, United States
- Stefanie Knauss, Villanova University, United States
- Erin A. McCarthy, St. Lawrence University, United States
- Vasudha Narayanan, University of Florida, United States
- Kevin Schilbrack, Appalachian State University, United States
- Alexander Ornella, University of Hull, United Kingdom
- Sophia Park, Holy Names University, United States
- George Pati, Valparaiso University, United States
- Anthony Pinn, Rice University, United States
- Jarrod L. Whitaker, Wake Forest University, United States