BAAL Book Prize Shortlist 2022
The British Association for Applied Linguistics offers an annual prize for an outstanding book in the field of applied linguistics.
Congratulations to Celia Roberts, whose book Linguistic Penalties and the Job Interview has been shortlisted for this year's prize!The complete shortlist of this year's BAAL Book Prize is arranged below, in alphabetical order.
- Community, Solidarity and Multilingualism in a Transnational Social Movement by Maria Rosa Garrido Sardà, Routledge
- Language as Symbolic Power by Claire Kramsch, Cambridge University Press
- Language in a Globalised World: Social Justice Perspectives on Mobility and Contact by Khawla Badwan, Palgrave Macmillan
- Linguistic Penalties and the Job Interview by Celia Roberts, Equinox
- The Routledge Handbook of Language, Gender, and Sexuality by Jo Angouri and Judith Baxter, Routledge
- Transcultural Voices: Narrating Hip Hop Culture in Complex Delhi by Jaspal Naveel Singh, Multilingual Matters
The runner-up and winner of the prize will be announced at the annual BAAL conference in September, at Queen's University Belfast.