Call for 'Advances in CALL Research' Series Editor
After seven years of stellar stewardship as the series editor of the Advances in CALL Research series (ISBN 978-1-78179-828-7), Greg Kessler will be leaving this position. We therefore seek a Series Editor, ideally to begin on June 1st, 2022. The new series editor would work with Greg Kessler for a year before becoming the sole series editor. The initial appointment would be for three years and renewable upon mutual agreement by the editor, the CALICO executive board, and Equinox Publishers.
Duties of the Book Series Editor:
- Solicit a Call for Proposals for the CALICO Books Series every spring (see below).
- Work closely with the CALICO Journal editorial board to vet proposals submitted by potential editors each spring.
- Assist the guest editor(s) and/or author(s) as they work on the manuscript(s). The involvement of the editor can vary greatly depending on the experience, comfort and needs of the guest editor(s).
- Attend the annual CALICO conference where they provide an annual report at the Executive Board meeting and attend the CALICO Journal’s Editorial Advisory Board meeting.
- Serve as ex officio member of the CALICO Journal’s Editorial Advisory Board.
- is published 2 years after the initial proposal is accepted. Two sample proposals (2017 and 2018) can be found below, including specific timelines.
- can include single authored monographs or multi-authored collections around a central theme. In the case of a multi-authored volume, authors can be invited, or an open call can be distributed through the CALICO list-serv and extended communities.
Please submit your expression of interest along with your abbreviated CV or your nomination of a candidate for series editor of the Advances in CALL Research series no later than April 15th, 2022 to the CALICO Journal editors at [email protected]. Those interested in or are nominated for the series editor position should be active members of CALICO.