Login to access subscriber-only resources.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor). Please note that the journal only publishes original material including illustrations, maps or diagrams, as well as text.
Use the automatic page numbering function to number the pages.
Do not use field functions.
Use tab stops or other commands for indents, not the space bar.
Use the table function, not spreadsheets, to make tables.
Use the equation editor or MathType for equations.
Save your file in docx format (Word 2007 or higher) or doc format (older Word versions).
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Please use the decimal system of headings with no more than three levels.
In order to give people of all abilities and disabilities access to the content of your figures, please make sure that
* All figures have descriptive captions so that blind users can use text-to-speech software or a text-to-Braille hardware
* Patterns are used instead of or in addition to colors for conveying information so that colorblind users can to distinguish the visual elements
* Any figure lettering has a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1
Section default policy
© Equinox Publishing Ltd.
For information regarding our Open Access policy, click here.
We abide by the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (May 2018) and the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and for the purposes of that act, the data controller is Janet Joyce, [email protected] of Equinox Publishing Ltd of 415 The Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2BX, United Kingdom (registered in England & Wales under Company number 04721694). For full details of privacy statement of how we use your data visit https://www.equinoxpub.com/home/privacy/
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. Emails (and affiliations) are required and will be made public through this site. As part of the submission process, you are required to enter your email address and this email address will be made public on the site. Our system requires this and providing contact details for authors of published articles is considered best practice to enable scholarly communication. Your physical mailing addresses will only be used to supply a physical copy of the journal if that is part of a subscription or free copy. We share mailing addresses only with third parties who handle the distribution of print copies -- our printers. We have confirmation from these suppliers that they operate in conformance with GDPR requirements.